Each database requires at least one person to administer it, called Database Administrator (DBA).
Some DBA tasks are:
- Install the software (Microsoft SQL Server) and also upgrade the system.
- Allocate additional storage spaces taking into account user needs.
- Create the necessary logical objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) as soon as the “application developers” have completed a new application.
- Create users and grant them the necessary privileges.
- Ensure database security.
- Check and monitor user access to the database.
- Monitor and optimize database performance.
- Plan the most suitable backup and recovery strategy for the database.